Friday, August 05, 2005

On the bus somewhere in Mexico

Laptops are cool. Here I am in the middle of Mexico and I can type a blog. Too bad there is no wireless here… So we finally left. After 3 weeks of packing, organizing, running errands and going to camp we actually pulled out and went. My mom and dad came down from Kamloops to see us off and my uncle Willis drove us down in his big old van.

10 bags. That was the total of what we took. 6 pages of stuff listed on our inventory. Do you have any idea what it is like to move that much stuff by airplane. Praise God, so far it is going well. We successfully made it through 2 borders (although in Mexico we were the only ones selected to have everything x-rayed but fortunately they did not take everything apart). One more border to go which is the Mexico / Belize border. I keep praying about that one with all the import regulations and all. Should find out tonight, providing our emails went through and someone from Blue Creek is there to pick us up, that is.

Another look out the window. The trees are really short here… and dense too. I heard it is because the ground is all rock with very little topsoil. They got all these buildings right off the highway in the jungle. Sometimes it is a burnt out factory, othertimes a gas station or some tower in the middle of no where. Cory and Noelle are watching Princess Diaries on their laptop. (I’m rendering the sermons from last week so I can put them on a web page for the campers)

Oh well, just thought I’d drop a line and let everyone know we are on our way and so far… so good. Thanks for all your prayers.


No comments: