Sunday, July 24, 2005

Sharing at Summit Drive Church

I am in the Church foyer of Summit Drive today and found a wireless signal and thought I'd drop a note. I love this Church. I spent 1999-2003 as a youth director and then youth pastor here.

As we came in it was such a joy to see all our old friends and how warmly we were greeted. We shared a bit about our adventure to Belize coming up next week. Next week! Wow, it sure is coming fast.

Jim Holm preached on Acts 14 and perserving through persecution and suffering in order to bring the Gospel. It was really cool to hear a sermon about missions right when we are packing up and getting ready to go.

Well I should go, but it has been great to be here again. Blessings to you all.

Chris

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cory ansd Chris. I was just browsing through your BLOG. I thinks this is a great tool to keep up to date with your missions adventure. Note in this post that Jim "Holm" is actually Jim "Doan". I also found it interesting when talking to you at church today to find out that Cory has a similar family background as Tanya. Tanya's mother grew up in a Holdeman Mennonite community in Steinbach, MB.