Monday, July 18, 2005

Praise God, we have Renters!

I want to make this blog into a sort of prayer journal of how God has answered our prayers. I tell you it is so cool to be involved in the work of God! So here is our latest story...

In order to go to Belize my wife and I needed to do something with the condo. It is really unwise to sell at this time because the prices are going up and we would be both without a place to live when we get back next year and "out of the market". So we needed to rent but our strata only allows about 5% of the units to be rented and they currently have about 10% being rented. It was not likely they would approve us. But our care group prayed and God gave the strata committee grace and they gave us the 10 months temperary renting status we needed.

Now we needed a renter. So for months Cory and I prayed and advertised but nothing. Finally we called a few realtors and started thinking about selling. The next day we received three phone calls of people who wanted to rent. Two of which came over the following day and then we had to make a decision. Which one God?

So we prayed. And we wanted to go with this one person because she would let us keep most of our stuff here and we would not have to move it all out and find storage space. That morning I prayed that if she was not the one that it just wouldn't work out today. So I called three days and no answer. Finally at 8pm I called the other fellow (also a great choice) and he had just been at Church praying about which place to take. He walked out, checked his cell phone messages and there we were offering him the place.

So what happened to the other lady? Well I bumped into her at Church at she said she had been out of town all day and had forgotten her cell phone. We both agreed that perhaps God has something else in store for her and we left in spirits full of hope.

God is so good to us. I love being in His hands!

No comments: