Saturday, March 03, 2007

Through the Week

So we got back from Canada, and almost immediately both us got sick. Thankfully, we were only sick for a few days.

Then on Thursday I fell off my chair at school and hurt my ... . After school, as I was waiting for a student to arrive at home so we could begin tutoring, I decided to lean against the motorbike. Bad idea as I burned my calf against the muffler. Ouch! Two nice big bubbly blisters, and one small one. The nurse told me that you aren't a real Blue Creeker until you've had a motorcycle burn.

Then the next day, I had some grade 4 students over to look at the full moon through our telescope (I tutor 3 grade 4 students and then have been studying the solar system recently). Since my friend allowed me to borrow a telescope and take it to Belize (thank you Amanda), I could share that with the students.



Up on the roof, there are some cement things that just jet out of nowhere. I was so excited to have the students over last night, that I didn't see where I was going in the dark and badly stubbed my toe on the cement thing. Ouch again!

I feel a little like an accident waiting to happen. So, between my sore bum, my burned leg, and my majorly bruised toe (oh not to mention the finger that still hurts from where I bent it wrong 4 weeks ago), I am quite a site.

Here's the latest family photo.

Koshka and Lily (the Lamb) did not get a long at first.

Lily just wants to know if Koshka has milk. She greets everyone the same way.

But they seemed to do better as time went on. But it didn't matter much since Koshka did not live with us. Chris and I were thinking of bringing him to live with us, but before we could, he has disappeared (possibly is dead) from his old home.

Just yesterday, though, we got a bunny...not a replacement for Koshka -- we could never replace him (well, maybe we could). We have been thinking about getting a bunny for a while. His name is Larry Darren Priebe. We call him Stanely for short. In honor of our beloved brother.

We have him tied up because he is being potty trained. Yes, you can train rabbits to be potty trained! He's quite scared right now having just moved in with us. But I think he will get used to us. I told him that we tie up all the new animals...that way they will learn their new home and never run away.

We figure this is our one time to really have an "Old Macdonald Farm" since when we get back to Canada there are certain bylaws that will prevent us from owning too many farm animals (like sheep).

Today, one of my tutor students taught me how to ride a 4-wheeler. Now I would like to get one. But I don't know where I would ride it in Canada.


Never thought a nine-year old would teach his teacher how to ride a 4-wheeler!

Cory

2 comments:

KPetrie said...

You guys are becoming the "Swiss Family Robinson"! You gonna build a really cool tree house too? You still need a turtle, zebra, ostrich and elephant to add to your family before you're really the Swiss Fam. Robinson, but you're on your way! Hope your bum's doing better! And your toe, and your leg, and your finger..

Faye said...

Wow Cory, you certainly have a banged up body...ouch! You guys are just too funny, having a little pet family. I honestly did not know you could house train rabbits...my Dad was just too Old Fashioned in his thinking....all animals belong in the barn! Cuddle your furry kids while you can.....they are So therapeutic :)
When I look up at the stars and moon, I'll be thinking of you.
Blessings!