Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Discouraged

I am hesitant to write about things like this but what is the point of
having a support team like yourself and not sharing with you the
lows instead of just the highs.

I find teaching really hard.  I think everyone is getting tired.  We are
now almost 3/4 the way through the year and both the students and
myself wish we were done.  .

Sometimes I wonder what I am doing here,  why did I leave so much?
I came to make a difference and to help those who really wanted to
grow.  At times I do not feel wanted.  My students argue with me in
class, they get angry about how I mark, they tell me I am doing it
wrong, and the class gets out of hand.  I wish I had taken some courses
in classroom management.  They are still really good kids and to the most
part stay out of trouble, I just feel worn down inside and need prayer for the
strength to press on.  I also need help knowing which things to call for the
students, which to let go, and to embrace opportunties for life-change.

Sorry for ranting and I hope I have not dishonored my students.  Maybe
the biggest prayer I need is that I will love these students with the same
love God has for them.

2 comments:

Daquell said...

I'll definitely be praying hard for you. I'm sure the Lord will help you through this.

James 1:12 -
Blessed is the man who endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.

Anonymous said...

Lord I pray that you will lift up Chris & Cory - encourage their hearts with a special affirmation from you. Lord reveal to Chris how he might give the students positive feedback. I pray for the students as well that you would renew their desire to learn and grow. Father change hearts where they need to be changed and give each one a desire to please and honor You in all that they do. Fill these last months with a new joy for Chris as he is faithful to his commitment this year. In Jesus name I pray Amen.