Saturday, October 01, 2005

Speaking at Young Married Retreat Oct 7-9

I have been invited to speak at the young married retreat this weekend (Oct 7-9th). It will be at the Cahal Pech Resort in San Ignacio. On the fun side this will be a great retreat for Cory and I including a trip to the Mayan ruins, canoeing the river, strengthening friendship with other young married and maybe even doing some cave tubing or canoeing (something we so want to do).

I have been doing a lot of praying about what I should speak about and after talking to the leaders it seems best to do a strategic planning workshop. The core idea is that God has been taking each couple on a journey and has brought them together for a purpose. It is important to stop and reflect on the path God has brought us on so we can align (or at least surrender) ourselves to the path God has before us.

Friday night: Values - What is most important to you
Saturday morning: Mission - What do we believe God has called us to do
Sunday morning: Vision (and Plan) - How are we going to get there?

I took a class last year at ACTS seminary on Strategic Planning and for my major assignment Cory and I rewrote the strategic planning process (usually done for Churches and businesses) and applied it to marriage. In this we wrote a very detailed plan which we used to decide if Belize was a match with where we sense God is taking us.

Here are some prayer requests:
  • For incredibly insight and inspiration as I prepare the talks. I need to fit a 1 month process into 3 one hour sessions.
  • For clarity as I speak that the group will understand and be able to apply it
  • That God will give the group incredible insights into the path he has for them and direction on what He wants them to be focusing on at this stage in their marriages.
  • That Cory and I will be able to build rich and meaningful relationships that will have a lasting spiritual impact on us and them.

No comments: