Sunday, October 09, 2005

How did the Marriage Retreat go?

Thank-you to everyone that prayed for Cory and I at the marriage retreat. We really needed it. There has been so much rain lately that the road was all washed out. Fortunately someone borrowed our group a really big 4x4 and we plowed through about 2 feet of mud and water.

The talks went well too. I was concerned about them because we were cramming 6 weeks of marriage planning into 3 hours but God answered our prayers and people made some progress. Probably the most helpful was just having everyone sit back and just think about what is most important in life. I mean so often we spend our life working for something we think is important and then look back and go, "I wish I had only...." "been at home" or "given more to God". So we tried to skip the step of wasting time and focus on what is important now.

Download the PowerPoint presentation here

No comments: