Monday, October 02, 2006

Change of Plans

One of the hardest parts of being a youth pastor was when the phone rang late at night, you always knew it was not good. Last Saturday night the phone rang. We had been planning to get together with some of our best friends (Dave and Karen), ones we swapped being in each others wedding parties. When we picked up the phone we had thought it might be them but it turned out to be his mom. It turns out that they were in a car accident. She was in a comma and he did not make it. It is amazing how life changes in just an instant.

We made it to the hospital today, she is out of the comma and is doing well. We had a time of swapping stories, praying and grieving.

Fortunately our airline is willing to move our tickets without losing the whole cost we put into it. We are very thankful that we have this chance to support her and her family.

Please continue to pray for Karen and her family and that God would use us to help in her healing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude. I don't what to say except I'll keep you in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Dude. I don't what to say except I'll keep you in my prayers.