Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Creative Spelling

So today I went to one of my tutoree's houses
to work with her for an hour or so. In preparation,
I made small cards containing two lists of her
current spelling words. Then we played "memory"
with them. The trick? Everytime her or I flipped
over a card we had to say the word and spell it, then
flip over another card to find its match, saying and
spelling that word too. If we came across vocabulary
words, then we had to say, spell, and read the
vocabulary words. She enjoyed it so much that we
played three times! And still she was not tired of it!
in essence, we went through her spelling words
about 6 times verbally. Verbal is good for her since
she has a learning disability and learns better verbally.

Soon, I want to try practicing spelling words with
pudding...the kid has to spell the word with their
finger in pudding! I'll see if I can't take some pictures.

Cory

No comments: